A guide to how you can improve your sleep schedule for the better…
I think we can all agree that with our phones, long working hours and our current heatwave in the UK, it’s not easy getting to sleep early, which would help the process of waking up early.
Make sure you wind down
Winding down is a critical part in preparing for bed. There are lots of ways to relax yourself, you just need to find the method that works best for you! Here are a few ways you can wind down:
- A warm bath (not hot) this will help your body reach the right temperature for rest.
- Pre prepare for the next day.
- Relaxation exercises (e.g: Yoga).
- Reading a book.
- Avoid using smart phones.
Tips on waking up early
- Get on a sleep schedule.
- Improve your bedtime routine.
- Move your alarm to avoid hitting snooze.
- Eat better.
- Get regular exercise.
- Enjoy the daylight (daylight helps regulate circadian rhythms & improve your sleep)
- Get a sleep study if the above doesn’t help.
Waking up early is not only healthier for you, but you will feel so much happier and be much more productive. Overall you will get so much more out of your day, as it helps improve your mental health due to the fact it enhances concentration and productivity.
All of our accommodations include some amazing products by Millie’s Organics, which are award winning luxury home spa gifts focusing on quality organic ingredients, made totally off grid and cruelty free. Their pillow mist is a personal favourite of ours and will ensure you a great nights sleep! We also keep a few mini indoor plants in our accommodations as these are proven to boost your mood, productivity, concentration and creativity.
Leave a Reply