Are you dreaming of a full nights sleep?
Sleep is an crucial function which allows your body and mind to recharge, refresh and revive. Without enough sleep the brain is unable to operate. Sleep is vital for a human being and if you aren’t getting enough, your body can start to shut down. Lack of sleep can include side effects such as; reduced concentration, slower thinking, mood changes, high blood pressure and weakened immunity. In addition to this, sleep deprivation can cause even more healths serious health issues such as; diabetes and heart disease.
10 benefits of a good night sleep
- Can improve concentration and productivity
- Improves your immune function
- Improves memory
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Gives your mood a boost
- Reduces stress
- May reduce risk of depression
- Increases knowledge retention
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Help you maintain a healthy weight
How can I get my full nights beauty sleep?
National Sleep Foundation Guidelines advise that healthy adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. Do you struggle to fall asleep? Fear not, we have all the tips and advice in order to snooze and snore the night away.
- Lower the temperature – Taking a warm bath or shower could help speed up the body temperature changes. As your body cools down afterward, this can send a signal to your brain to go to sleep
- Schedule – Waking up and going to bed at the same times each day can help your internal clock keep a regular schedule.
- Daylight and darkness- Expose your body to sunlight in the day and at night the darkness will promote sleepiness.
- Relaxing music- Listening to relaxing music can improving quality of sleep and allows you to unwind , drift of and go into a deep sleep.
- Exercise – Exercise is key to that beautiful night sleep. Studies show working out in the morning is better than working out later in the day.
- Visualising- This can help before going to sleep as it occupies your mind. Fill your brain with happy thoughts that make you feel calm and at peace!
“Sleep is like the golden chain that binds our health and body together” – Thomas Dekker.
Here at Free Range Stays, we want you to have a great nights sleep so we leave a little gift for you to use during your stay. Millie’s Organics is a luxury, organic, handmade in Bedfordshire spa brand that has created bespoke sleep blends that include lavender, geranium and bergamot to help you have a great nights sleep. You can fill your room with a pillow mist, sink into a relaxing bath or soothe your skin with their organic rescue balm.
How do you relax and unwind? Leave a comment below