Do you want to know all about world chocolate day and why you shouldn’t worry about those extra calories? Also want to know the best places for mouth watering chocolate desserts? This blog has it all!
World chocolate day was celebrated on Wednesday 7th July 2021. This dedicated day allows all chocolate lovers to indulge, inhale and ingest all things chocolate! Did you know about 1 billion people each chocolate everyday? This day commemorates chocolates introduction into Europe in 1550, previous to this, it was only available in specific regions and countries such as Mexico.
10 Interesting facts about chocolate;
- Hot chocolate was the first chocolate treat.
- Milk chocolate was invented in Switzerland.
- Dark chocolate can boost your mood.
- The first chocolate bar was made in England.
- Chocolate has a special melting point.
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- M&Ms were creating in 1941 as means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
- Eating dark chocolate everyday reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- Dark chocolate my improve function of the brain.
- Dark chocolate is good for your skin.
After hearing all things chocolate are you feeling hungry?
Here are some of the best places in Bedford for desserts filled with all the chocolate you could think of!
Creams Cafe – 119-121 High St, Bedford MK40 1NU
Creams Cafe is known for its luxurious sweet treats that will make your belly rumble and mouth water as soon as your eye hits the plate. From chocolate fudge cake covered in rich chocolate ganache to Oreo glazed doughnuts, there is something for all chocolate lovers! They offer a variety of desserts, milkshakes and ice cream and even offer a vegan menu. It is one of the top spots in Bedford!
Treat street – Unit 4B1, Riverside Square, Bedford MK40 1AS & Unit H1 (Treat Street, Stadium Way W MK1 1ST
Treat Street is another heavenly dessert place in Bedford and Milton Keynes, featuring an epic vegan menu with over 40 options to tickle your tastebuds! From triple chocolate cookie dough to pancakes with salted caramel sauce, this is another great place to visit. In the Milton Keynes restaurant you even have the choice to have an alcoholic beverage! So whatever the occasion, date night with dessert or family fun with ice cream? There is something you can find that will please everyone.
What will you be choosing?